Updated May, 2018
When accessing the Website, we will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through voluntary actions you may take, during your visit. This policy applies to information we collect on the Website and in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Website.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL DATA
When we refer to ‘personal data’ we mean any information that allows us to identify you personally. Examples include your name, email address, postal address etc. We will always seek to gain your explicit consent to providing this information before we collect it from you, although this may not be the only legal basis on which we collect the data.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://www.rebeccarhodesart.com/ or by corresponding to us by phone, email, or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, use our search feature and/or search for a product, place an order for a product or service on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, and provide comments or other feedback.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you including your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers/PayPal account details), and phone number. Credit Card numbers are collected direct via our secure Card Processor Paypal. You can read more about how PayPal uses your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- We use information you provide to use to deliver the requested product and/or service, to improve our overall performance, and to provide you with offers, promotions, and information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technology
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
The information we collect automatically is used for statistical data and will not include personal information. We use this data to improve our Website and our service offerings. To the extent that you voluntarily provide personal information to us, our systems will associate the automatically collected information with your personal information.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Cookies, Log Files, and Pixels
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies’ and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Log files track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites to as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. Pixels are used in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
- Web beacons are small graphic images (also known as ‘pixel tags’ or ‘clear GIFs’) that may be included on our sites and services that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Website Visitor Tracking
Like most websites, our website uses Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to better understand what people look at on our website. This tool collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We use this information to better understand how visitors find us and how they interact with our website. We can use this to make adjustments to our website, to deliver a better user experience.
We are committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all emails sent from our organization will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself form our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any email they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emal.
We use Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.) to manage our marketing campaigns and newsletter emails. Mailchimp may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as then the User interacted with it, such as clicking on links included in the message. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
We also use tracking from Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram so that we can better understand how visitors are interacting with our site via social media and to track the effectiveness of any advertisements we place on social media. This data is anonymous, but you can opt out of this tracking at any time via your own browser settings.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we use your information for:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Communicate with you
- Improving our services and our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Providing you with information or offers relating to our products or services
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We use personal information for purposes of presenting our Website and its contents to you, providing you with information, providing you with offers for products and services, providing you with information about your subscriptions and products, carrying out any contract between you and the Company, administering our business activities, providing customer service, and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
From time-to-time, we may use the information you provide to us to make you offers to purchase products and services provided by third parties in exchange for a commission to be paid to use by such third parties. Should you opt to take part in such promotions, the third parties will receive your information.
From time-to-time, we may use the information you provide to us to display advertisements to you that are tailored to your personal characteristics, interests, and activities.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Company.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR INFORMATION AND SECURE INFORMATION TRANSMISSIONS?
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to use and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Effective as of May, 2018