So many people are kind enough to ask permission before sharing their images - I appreciate this! Here is an overview of how you can use paintings based on these courses.
I've worked hard to create these tutorials for you. When you provide credit to our watercolor school, you are helping people to find us and to learn this style of painting. Thank you!
For more information, see "Terms of Purchase" at the bottom of this page.
Can I post my paintings from the courses on social media?
Yes! I encourage you to share your paintings on social media. By doing this, you are spreading the word about our course, helping others to find us. When you share your paintings, I'd appreciate if you would credit Rebecca Rhodes watercolor school and use the hashtag #rebeccarhodesart. Thanks so much!
Can I Sell or Exhibit my Painted Images from the Tutorials?
- The paintings you produce as a result of taking Rebecca’s tutorials or based on reference photos are considered legally to be ‘Derivative Works’ and as such the copyright remains with Rebecca Rhodes Art and any other photographer whose work has been used for these.
- You may share photographs of the paintings you create based on Rebecca’s tutorials online. Please credit Rebecca Rhodes’ Watercolor School whenever the work is displayed.
- Selling: You may sell the physical paintings you create based on Rebecca’s tutorials (for instance in a local art exhibition.) Please credit ‘Rebecca Rhodes’ Online Watercolor School’ whenever the work is displayed for sale.
- Prints, Cards: You may reproduce your own paintings provided the reproduction is for your own non-commercial use (for instance you can print it onto a Christmas card sent to friends and family.) Please credit ‘Rebecca Rhodes’ Online Watercolor School’ along with the reproduction. You may not reproduce your own versions of these paintings for commercial use, for instance to sell a print, greetings cards, mug, etc.
- Should you find similar subjects, live or from photographs, you can use the techniques shown in the tutorials to create an original piece for exhibition sale or reproduction.
You may not teach the content from our watercolor school on your own site.
Please use the following wording to credit Rebecca Rhodes’ Online Watercolor School:
- ‘Painting produced using a tutorial at Rebecca Rhodes’ Watercolor School’.
- For a painting completed via a Practice Pic or reference photo: ‘Painting produced using a photograph provided by Rebecca Rhodes’ Online Watercolor School’
See "Terms of Purchase" for more information.
Thanks so much for your consideration! If you need clarification, feel free to contact Rebecca at [email protected].