How to Paint a Realistic Pug Dog
Available as part of the Monthly and Annual Subscription!
In this course, Rebecca Rhodes demonstrates how to create this realistic Pug Dog in watercolor, using techniques that you can apply to your own paintings.
- Created using Arches Cold Press paper
- Size: approx. 8 x 10 inches - feel free to enlarge or reduce per your wishes.
Students have been requesting a course that deals with creating folds of skin, and this dog certainly helps to fulfill that need.
Here are some of the techniques you will learn in this course:
- How to create an under painting using wet in wet – wet color onto wet paper
- How to create details using wet on dry – wet color on to dry paper
- How to create shape and contour in folds of skin by manipulating hair markings and dark and light values.
- How to create a smooth transition in value so your painting doesn’t appear disjointed.
You will see the entire step by step process, including mistakes and how to fix them, why I choose colors and how to mix them, and how to create unity in texture, color, and value.
Narration by Rebecca Rhodes, along with captions that you can read
If you are not happy with the course, Contact Rebecca Rhodes within the first 30 days of purchase, and you will receive a full refund.
Courses are hosted on the School website and are not available for download. Videos are for streaming. A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
Rebecca Rhodes is a watercolor artist and teacher in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
Before becoming a full-time artist, Rebecca had a fulfilling career as a public school Music Educator for 27 years.
She enjoys creating these videos to help others develop their watercolor skills!
StartDrawing, Materials, Reference Photo
StartLesson 1: Main Features (15:10)
StartLesson 2: Under Painting (34:45)
StartLesson 3: Under Painting Darker Value (35:51)
StartLesson 4: Final Under Painting (38:22)
StartLesson 5: Eyes, Nose, and Darks (36:32)
StartLesson 6:: Fur Markings (27:58)
StartLesson 7: Darker Textures and Fur Markings (30:18)
StartLesson 8 Darker Textures in Mouth and Ear (33:03)
StartLesson 9: Mid Tone Fur Markings (32:19)
StartLesson 10: Glazing and Final Details (30:26)