How to Paint the Eye of a Tiger in Watercolor
Step by step video instruction from drawing to finished painting. A bite-sized lesson you can complete in just a couple hours!
This mini course is a great starting point for developing your watercolor techniques!
What Will I Learn?
- How to paint a detailed, realistic eye in watercolor
- Mix and layer color to create the rich glow of the eye, the distinctive color of the fur
- Create different kinds of grey and black
- Create realistic textures and fur
- Tips and techniques to hone your skills
- How to troubleshoot when errors happen
What is Included in the Course?
- Downloadable materials list, reference photo, and line drawing
- Narration by Rebecca Rhodes
- Step-by-step video lessons of the entire painting in real time
Who is this Course For?
- Whether you are new to watercolor or have experience, go for it!
- Do you feel intimidated - not sure if you can do it? This is a short course - a small painting. If it doesn't go right the first time, you can do it again and again. Through perseverance and practice, you will be amazed at how your skills will develop!
Do I Need to Copy Exactly What is Done in the Course?
The purpose of these courses is to provide the techniques for you to develop your own personal style. Use what is helpful to you, whether it be each and every lesson, or making "buffet" choices based on what you would like to learn.
More about the Courses
If you are not happy with the course, contact Rebecca Rhodes ([email protected]) within the first 30 days of purchase, and you will receive a full refund.
Courses are hosted on the School website and are not available for download. Videos are for streaming. A high-speed internet connection is recommended
Would you like to learn more about realistic watercolor painting? Visit the FREE TUTORIALS.
We would love to see your finished painting!
- Take a photo and share in the Community.
- Share your painting in our Facebook Group, Realistic Animals in Watercolor.
- In addition, upload your painting to your Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter - all of your favorite places with the hashtag #rebeccarhodesart. By sharing, you are inspiring others to get started!
StartIntroduction, Drawing, Materials List, Photo
StartLesson 1: Map the Shapes, Under Painting in Eye (18:43)
StartLesson 2: Darkest Lines and Shapes (17:09)
StartLesson 3: Shapes Around Eye - Under Painting (20:38)
StartLesson 4: Fur and a Glaze (14:40)
StartLesson 5: Final Refinements (13:02)
Contact Rebecca Rhodes
Hi! I'm Rebecca Rhodes, watercolor artist and teacher in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
My goal is to empower, encourage, and equip - to help you learn to paint detailed, realistic subjects in watercolor so you can use these techniques to develop your own unique style!
Before becoming a full-time artist, I enjoyed a 27-year career as a public school Music Educator. In 2015, I retired from teaching to focus on painting and founded this online school in 2017. I love to teach and hope that you find these courses enjoyable and helpful. Always feel free to contact me if you have questions or suggestions.
Do you Need Assistance? Find Answers Here
Thanks for joining us in this adventure!