Masking Fluid! Gouache! Kitten in Black & White!
Approximate length: 4.5 - 5 hours
This small painting packs a big punch!
In this course, you will learn ...
- How to create this kitten, along with the background, using just two colors
- How to use masking fluid to create fur
- How to create a dark background
- How to use watercolor Gouache to create fine hairs and whiskers
This tutorial is available with the monthly and annual membership, or can be purchased as an individual course (click the 'Enroll in Course' button at the top of the page.)
- Created using Arches 140 lb. Cold Press paper
- Size: approximately 5 x 7 inches; feel free to enlarge or reduce per your wishes.
Included in this Course:
Materials, reference photo, and line drawing
Successive process of entire painting in real time focusing on:
- A step-by-step formula that you can apply to your own paintings
- Mixing colors
- Creating the Underpainting and Fur Markings
- Working with value – darks, lights, mid-tones
- Adjusting errors
Narration by Rebecca Rhodes, along with captions that you can read
If you are not happy with the course, Contact Rebecca Rhodes within the first 30 days of purchase, and you will receive a full refund.
Courses are hosted on the School website and are not available for download. Videos are for streaming. A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
Hi! I'm Rebecca Rhodes, watercolor artist and teacher in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. Before becoming a full-time artist, I enjoyed a fulfilling 27-year career as a public school Music Educator. In 2015, I retired from teaching to focus on painting, and founded this Online School in 2017.
My goal is to help you to learn to paint realistic subjects in watercolor - for you to use the techniques in this school to create your own paintings. I hope you enjoy and learn from these courses, and always feel free to contact me if you have questions or suggestions.
Thanks for joining us in this adventure!