How to Create Curly Brown Fur in Watercolor
Step by step video instruction from drawing to finished painting. Apply these techniques to any curly fur!
Refine your skills in creating curly fur!
In this course, you will learn to create curly brown fur shapes in watercolor.
Included in this Course:
- Materials list, reference photo, and drawing
- Successive video lessons of entire painting in real time
- Step-by-step formula that you can apply to your own paintings
- Mixing colors
- Working with value – darks, lights, mid-tones
- Adjusting errors and troubleshooting
- Making final refinements
- Narration by Rebecca Rhodes, along with captions that you can read
If you are not happy with the course, contact Rebecca Rhodes ([email protected]) within the first 30 days of purchase, and you will receive a full refund.
Courses are hosted on the School website and are not available for download. Videos are for streaming. A high-speed internet connection is recommended
Would you like to learn more about realistic watercolor painting? Visit the FREE TUTORIALS.
We would love to see your finished painting!
- Take a photo and share in the Community.
- Share your painting in our Facebook Group, Realistic Animals in Watercolor.
- In addition, upload your painting to your Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter - all of your favorite places with the hashtag #rebeccarhodesart. By sharing, you are inspiring others to get started!
Creating a detailed and realistic paintings does take time, but when you enjoy the process it's inspiring and a lot of fun. Allow yourself the freedom to experiment and learn from your experiences, because that is how we grow.
Enjoy the course!
StartLesson 1: First Area - Initial Darks and Mid Tones (23:16)
StartLesson 2: First Area: Darkest Value and Transitions (17:14)
StartLesson 3: First Area: Hair Markings and Glaze (16:25)
StartLesson 4: Second Area - Darks and Mid Tones (24:37)
StartLesson 5: Second Area: Values, Fur Markings, Glaze (23:55)
StartLesson 6: Shadow Area between Chin and Chest (27:16)
StartLesson 7: Hair Markings and Medallion (17:28)
StartLesson 8: Fine Tuning (17:37)
StartLesson 9: Final Details (26:54)
Contact Rebecca Rhodes
Hi! I'm Rebecca Rhodes, watercolor artist and teacher in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
My goal is to empower, encourage, and equip - to help you learn to paint detailed, realistic subjects in watercolor so you can use these techniques to develop your own unique style!
Before becoming a full-time artist, I enjoyed a 27-year career as a public school Music Educator. In 2015, I retired from teaching to focus on painting and founded this online school in 2017. I love to teach and hope that you find these courses enjoyable and helpful. Always feel free to contact me if you have questions or suggestions.
Do you Need Assistance? Find Answers Here
Thanks for joining us in this adventure!